Episode 111 - Audio + OOH?! Find Out How To Make The Combo Work Together w/ Stew Redwine
December 01, 2022
On this episode of OOH Insider, Stew Redwine, VP of Creative Services at Oxford Road, discusses performance audio advertising and how to implement it in congruence with out-of-home.
Oxford Road is a performance audio advertising agency. They assist innovative companies to connect with new customers through multiple media channels, such as radio, podcasts, etc.
- Performance audio is advertising that, as a business function, is looking to get a direct response from consumers to take immediate action within an attributed window. It is a direct metric to measure if audio advertisements drive sales.
- There are a few different kinds of performance audio: hosted read ads and produced audio, such as jingles; customer testimonies, dramatized scenes, etc. Hosted ads are intimate and authentic, whereas, produced audio is entertaining and engaging.
- Visuals are passive images processed by your brain, but audio needs to be processed and translated in your mind. It is an intentional and intimate experience for listeners.
- Combining out-of-home advertisement with performance audio can create impactful campaigns, if done correctly.
- “When you do performance audio well, the branding comes free.” ~Stew Redwine
- If you want to encourage consumers to fill out a post purchase survey, then you need to make it worth their while.
Looking for your next job in OOH? Start here: www.oohired.com